Setup .tel Domains
After you register your .tel domain name, you will be provided with the corresponding login details: username and password. The link to the management panel will be included.
If you can not remember the password, click on the Forgotten your password link.In the management panel you can store, change, update and publish your contact information.
You can edit the account settings from the settings area.
There you can alter the password and the e-mail associated with the .tel domain. You can enable the TelFriends system and set a .tel e-mail.
The main advantage of a .tel domain is that you don't need a hosting account to use it. However, if you want to have email accounts for your .tel domain such as firstname.lastname@example.org, you will need a hosting account.
Follow the steps below to set up a mail account for a .tel domain:
First and foremost, you must have a registered .tel domain. SiteGround customers can order a new .tel domain from their Customer Area > Order Domains.
- Log in to your .tel domain management section and go to settings -> Setup .tel email.
- In the Server host name field type the host name(s) of the mail server(s) that will handle your mails. For example, if your account is hosted on the siteground200.com server, type siteground200.com in the field.
- In the Order field enter a number for the order in which the server(s) will be used. For example, you can type 1 for your first host name and increase the number for any additional host names.
- Click Save to save your domain's MX records.
- Now you need to create the mail account(s) that you want to use with your .tel domain. To be able to do this, you should first park your .tel domain from your cPanel > Parked domains. Note that due to their specific DNS setup, .tel domains cannot work as parked domains. The only reason you need to park the .tel domain is to be able to create mail accounts for it.
- The last thing you need to do is to create your mail accounts for the .tel domain from your cPanel -> Email accounts.