This tutorial covers the following topics:
Creating staging copies of your website is really easy and straight forward. Simply follow these instructions and you will be working on the new development copy of your site in no time.
Important To ensure the stability and optimal performance of our servers the following limitations apply when you create new copies of your site:
- The site database has to be under 2GB
- You must have under 500 tables in your database
- You must have more than 51% free space in your account
- You must have more than 20% free inodes in your account
- You can have up to 10 staging environments per account
- You can make up to 15 staging operations daily
- The Staging tool is also not compatible with WordPress Multisites at the moment
Choose the Joomla/WordPress Installation you want to work on
Creating a Staging copy of your site is very simple. Just locate your WordPress or Joomla install that you want to work on in the list of the tool, or add it if it is missing and click on the Create Staging Copy button next to it.
Choose what to be included in the Staging copy
Password Protect the Staging Copy
Next, our Staging tool will ask you if you want to password protect the staging copy of your website. We recommend that you do this for two reasons:
- Search engines can crawl your website and punish you for having duplicate content
- Your visitors and/or competitors can see the new things you're developing before they're launched
However, if you prefer, you can select not to password protect this copy. Either way, click on the Continue button to complete the staging copy creation.
That's it, the staging copy of your WordPress or Joomla site is now ready!