How to Select Individual Records From MySQL Table
Learn How to Select Records From Your MySQL Tables
As well as showing the whole database, PHP can be used to select individual records, or records which match certain criteria. To do this you must use a variation of the SELECT query. To display the whole table use the query:
SELECT * FROM tablename
If we just want to select records which have value=1 in the field1-name row we would use the following query:
SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE field1-name='1'
In the same way you could select records based on any field in the database. You can also search in more fields by adding more:
sections into the query.
One of the most important things about using PHP and MySQL is to have a PHP/MySQL specialized host. Here are some of the things we at SiteGround are proud of:
- We have long experience in providing technical support for PHP/MySQL-based web sites. Thanks to it our servers are perfectly optimized to offer the best overall performance for most PHP/MySQL applications.
- We offer FREE installation of many PHP/MySQL applications including CMS systems, forums, galleries, blogs, shopping carts and more.
- We provide several versions of PHP (PHP 4.4, PHP 5.0, PHP 5.1, PHP 5.2, PHP 5.2 with Suhosin, PHP 5.3) on a per-folder basis.
- We support both MySQL 4 and MySQL 5. We provide unlimited MySQL databases.
- We develop comprehensive tutorials for the most popular PHP/MySQL scripts and a great variety of articles in our Knowledge Base.
Our PHP hosting package is the best offer on the market - it has the lowest price for the quality and features it includes. Sign up now for our Professional PHP Hosting!