Here is a comprehensive list of the most important MyBB features:
- Unlimited number of posts, threads and members.
- Fulltext search capabilities (requires MySQL 4.1+ which is provided by default on all SiteGround servers).
- Posibility for multiple forum instances in one database.
- Fully customizable using the MyBB templates and theme system.
- You can create different languages on your forum. Languages are fully customizable and can be adjusted according to your needs.
- Intuitive and functional user control panel.
- Custom profiles and and possibility to alter settings per user.
- Custom profile fields can be added.
- Private messaging system. Tracking and multiple folders functionality included by default.
- Reputation system allowing members to rate each other.
- Signatures, avatars, buddy and ignore lists, forum subscriptions and all basic forum functionality that is generally available.
- Attach multiple files to a single post.
- Automatic thumbnail generation for attached images.
- Clickable smilies and BB Code.
- Quick moderation options. New moderator tools with various options can be created.
- Email notification of new posts.
- Create polls with multiple options and attach them to threads.
- Multi-quote - quote multiple posts easily in one reply.
Thread Display Features
- Threaded or linear viewing modes.
- View a printable version of any thread.
- Subscribe to threads or add them to a favorite threads list.
- Send threads to your friends via email.
- Quick reply area - quickly respond to a thread or quote a reply.
- Report posts to moderators.
- Add moderators to particular forums, set their permissions or allow them to moderate all forums.
- Extensive logging of all moderation activities performed.
- Open, close, stick and unstick threads.
- Move or copy threads between forums, merge threads together, split posts from a thread.
- In-line moderation - mass action multiple threads or posts in one go.
- Create your own moderation tools to perform multiple actions at once.
- Moderator control panel allowing moderators to perform some light administrative tasks, such as announcement management, moderation queue management for the forums they moderate, and basic user profile editing.
- Completely customize the look and feel of your forums by creating a color scheme and modifying templates.
- Control every aspect of your forums with little technical knowledge. No programing expertise is required in order to fully manage your forum.
- Assign permissions to forums and different user groups
- Manage smilies, custom MyCode (create your own bb code tags for your forum), post icons, word filters etc.
- Powerful user management features, including User Views, which are basically saved searches and allow you to track groups of users
- Ban users by IP address, email address, username or create a timed ban on an account
- Administrator permissions to limit the abilities of secondary administrators
- Run maintenance tasks to keep your forum running in tip-top shape