Joomla 1.5 Fantastico Installation
How to install Joomla?
In this section you will learn how to install Joomla through Fantastico Autoinstaller. If you don't have Fantastico or you prefer to install Joomla 1.5 manually, you can check our tutorial on how to install Joomla 1.5 manually.
To start with the installation log into your cPanel and click the Fantastico De Luxe icon. You can learn more about cPanel from our cPanel Tutorial.Find the Joomla 1.5 link on the left side of the screen and click it.
Then click New Installation.
In the following form you will have to type in some informations about your future Joomla website.
You will have to specily the following information:
- Install in directory - this determines the address where your Joomla installation will be accessible at. If you want to use Joomla for your home page (e.g. www.yourdomainname.com) just leave this field blank.
- Admin access data - the username and password for accessing the administration panel of your Joomla installation.
- Admin e-mail - your e-mail address
- Admin full name - your full name
- Site Name - the name of your website that will be displayed on the front page
- Install Sample Data? - whether sample data should be installed to your Joomla. The sample data includes sample menu items and articles. If you are new to Joomla, we strongly advise you to install the sample data.
Once you have filled in the form, proceed by clicking on the Install Joomla 1.5 button. You will be asked to confirm the installation on the next page.At the end of the installation you will receive information on how to login to your administration panel. You should bookmark the address of the administrator panel (e.g. www.yourdomainname.com/administrator) and remember your login credentials.
If you experience problems with the installation of your Joomla website, do not hesitate to contact your SiteGround support team. With your SiteGround Hosting account you get Free and Professional Joomla Installation, and within minutes you will have a fully functional and running Joomla website.