cPanel 10 Tutorial: Email Manager
How to Access Your Web Mail?
The Email Manager allows a user to do many different tasks involving email accounts. This includes creating email accounts, removing accounts, forwarding email, and more. The following section of this documentation will familiarize you with using the Email Manager to accomplish the many different tasks that are associated with email accounts, and email account maintenance.
You can use the Mail Menu to access one of the three web mail programs included in cPanel. These programs will allow you to read your email through a browser window without having to make any changes to the computer you are on or leave any email on the computer you are on.
Step 1: To access the Mail Menu, click on the icon above the word Mail on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
Step 2: Click on the words Web Mail to enter a screen where you can select the mail program you wish to use.
Step 3: Click on the icon of the mail program you wish to use. More information on the benefits of each mail program can be found in the web mail section.
Step 4: You will now need to choose the web mail program you wish to use:
- Neomail (note that you need to fill the required information when accessing the Neomail program for the first time)
- Horde (note that you need to choose the language interface before logging in)
NOTE: You can also access web mail through the web using the following URL: http://yourdomain.com/webmail where yourdomain.com is your actual domain name. The full email address should be used as username.
Make sure to log out of web mail when you are done. If you do not log out, it may be possible for another user of the computer you are on to access and read your email.
Please, take a look at our Email tutorial for further details about how to manage your email accounts:
- Learn how to create email addresses @ yourdomain.
- Learn how to access and check your emails via webmail access.
- Learn how to configure your email client and more about the email protocols, POP3, IMAP and SMTP.
- Learn more about email security - spam protection, email filtering, and tracing email addresses.
- Find more about email domain forwarding, email forwarders, autoresponders, and catch-all email.
- Find how to change the MX Record of your email account.