cPanel Fantastico Tutorial
How to use Fantastico to install an application
To access Fantastico, click on the Fantastico De Luxe icon on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
Once logged into Fantastico, you simply need to select an application from the list located at the left column and follow the steps given during the process. The chosen application will be installed on your SiteGround web hosting account within minutes. The Fantastico system is designed to update these programs with the newest version on a regular basis. Users can be assured they are getting the latest stable version of the software and that it's installed correctly and properly.
Fantastico offers a set of tools that will help you easily manage your scripts. Please, scroll down the list of tools offered and you will find the Extras menu
- Language - This option is used to change the default language set by the administrator of the server. Current Languages include: Dutch, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
- Side Menu Appearance - This option can be used the change the side menu appearance.
The possible options are:
- Full List - The full list option is normally set as the default and is used to list all the programs that can be installed and used in one long list categorized by the type of programs.
- Drop down menus - The drop down menu option is used to list the three main categories, Navigation, Scripts and Extras. This will display each main category as a drop down. This is useful for users with a slower connection, who do not want to load a large amount of information at once.
- Email Notification - Users can submit their email address in this section and the system will email them when a new script or program has been installed, modified, or even updated. If it's been updated it will inform the users so they can login to the system and update the scripts that are currently installed to the newest versions.
- Installations Overview - This section will display the current scripts or programs that are installed, their location and version number.
- Navigation - This menu has two links, one for the cPanel home page for that account and one for the Fantastico home page for that account. These are normally located at the top of the page.