With the CGI-Center tool you can install different CGI scripts under your account. CGI (Common Gateway Interface) is a standard for running external programs from a Web server. CGI allows the returned HTML page to be dynamic - for example, with a CGI script you could access information in a database and format the results as part of an HTML page. To access the tool, click on its icon in cPanel.
The full list of the CGI scripts is as follows:
- Simple CGI Wrapper - This is a CGI Wrapper that will allow you to run CGI Scripts with your User ID.
- Random HTML Generator - This is a Random HTML generator. It picks a string of HTML code from a list and inserts it in an SSI (Server Side Includes) enabled web page.
- Simple GuestBook - A simple guestbook for your visitors to view and sign.
- Advanced GuestBook - This is a more advanced guestbook written in PHP and MySQL.
- Counter - You can create a counter to count and show how many visitors have been on your site.
- CGI email - CGI Email takes the input of an HTML form and converts it to an email format defined by the author of the form.