The Main Benefits of Using Cloud Servers
To put it simply, cloud servers mean virtual servers which run on cloud computing environment. That is why very often Cloud Servers are referred to as Virtual Dedicated Servers (VDS). While it is true that every cloud server can be called a virtual dedicated server, the opposite is not always true. This is because a virtual dedicated server can be placed only on a single hardware server and thus suffer from a single point of failure when any of its hardware fails.Cloud servers run as software-independent units. This means that a cloud server has all the software it requires to run and does not depend on any centrally-installed software.
Cloud Server Benefits
- Freedom to modify all the server software to your needs. This includes the operating system kernel which is not always the case with other virtualization solutions such as private virtual servers.
- Stability and security because a software problem is isolated from and to your environment. Others' cloud servers can't harm you and you can't harm others. Also, if other users overload their cloud servers this will have no impact on yours because resources are dedicated and your stability is guaranteed. In addition to that cloud servers don’t suffer from hardware problems as previously said.
- Cloud servers probably hold the best stability / cost ratio performance. They do not suffer from the usual server hardware problems and they have all Cloud computing, benefits, i.e. they are stable, fast and secure.
- On the other hand, cloud servers are economically more efficient than the standard dedicated servers. For a similar price, with cloud servers you will receive more resources and your server will be faster. In web hosting terms, your site will run faster on a cloud hosting server if you compare it to a traditional server with similar price.
- In this regard we should also mention that cloud servers scale very well. It is very easy and fast to add upgrades(CPU, Memory, disk space) to a cloud server just as it is more affordable, of course.
That’s why cloud servers are very popular and sometimes preferred to the traditional dedicated servers. This is true especially for the low to mid-level servers where they excel in all aspects.