Where can I request a script installation from?
SiteGround customers can use Softaculous in cPanel to install some of the most popular scripts/CSM applications such as WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, Magento, etc.
If you wish to have a script installed for you, or the script you would like to use is not included in Softaculous you can also request the installation of custom scripts by posting a ticket to our Support Team. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Login to your User Area.
2. Click on the Support tab.
3. Click on Application Installation to open a ticket.
5. Select your account and the application you need.
6. In Directory for the Script Installation: you will have to enter the (sub)directory where you need your script installed. For example, if you wish your script to be accessible directly by your main domain enter "public_html", "root" or "/". Alternatively, you can also specify the domain you would like the script to be installed under.
7. Fill in your desired administrative username and password for the script and click the Submit button.
IMPORTANT: The installation of many custom scripts will be provided as a paid service. The ticket submission form will require you to provide payment details in such cases. Additionally, some custom scripts might not e suitable or shared, or even Cloud hosting solutions.
Softaculous is a powerful tool that makes script installation easy, but it’s even easier when you have the right host to support you along the way! Click here to check out our Softaculous hosting package.