What is Joomla JCE
JCE is an abbreviation for Joomla Content Editor. As its name suggests JCE is a content editor for the Joomla CMS. It further enhances the default content management capabilities for Joomla and provides many additional options.
One of the major advantages of using Joomla JCE component is that you do not need to know HTML or CSS in order to create sophisticated content without much limitations.
Here is a list of features as presented on Joomla JCE component official website:
- Office-like functions and familiar buttons make formatting simple
- Upload, rename, delete, cut/copy/paste images and insert them into your articles using an intuitive and familiar interface
- Create Links to other Sections, Categories, Articles, Weblinks and Contacts¹ in your site using a unique and practical Link Browser
- Take control of your code with syntax highlighting in the Advanced Code editor and advanced style and element attribute editing
- Integrated Spellchecking using Google™ Spellchecker (or PSpell and ASpell)
The standard Joomla JCE component package is free and released under GNU/GPL license. Additional features are subject to fees. Both the free standard version and the additional packages can be downloaded from the Joomla JCE official website.
Joomla is a powerful software that is easy to work with once you have the right host to support you. Before you lose any more time with the wrong host, check out the SiteGround Joomla hosting offer.