Key points in developing the SEO strategy of your Joomla website
- Use the right keywords for your web site: Choose the keywords which best describe the content on your site and implement them into your site structure.
- Improve the default SEO setup of Joomla: Configure Joomla's SEO settings using patches and special components.
- Create search-friendly content: Use the right keywords in the right places, producing search-targeted pages. Using Joomla with a blog section is a great way to get more pages into the search engines index.
- Formatting content for users and search engines: Use the right link text for your site links; improve that by making good use of headings and meta tags.
- Keep track of your progress: Using tracking tools and implementing them in Joomla, along with analyzing the results, will help you gain more insight on how to improve your site further.
- How to promote your site: Get more inbound links which will increase the traffic to your site and improve its search ranking.
More on the SEO optimization can be found in this tutorial.