I have problems accessing my MySQL database remotely
If you have problems accessing your database at your web hosting account remotely please make sure that:
- You are using the correct MySQL hostname - it should be yourdomain.com or your server's name;
- You are using the correct MySQL database / username / password. You can check this tutorial for more information on how to create them;
- Don't forget to specify your MySQL username and database with the prefix yourusername_ in front of its given name. For example, your cPanel username is user and you have named your database joomla. In this case you have to refer to your database as user_joomla;
- You have allowed the remote host to access your database. This can be done from your cPanel -> Remote MySQL.
- You are connecting to the TCP port 3306.
If you are having problems accessing your MySQL databases remotely, ask your host for assistance. SiteGround provides the best MySQL hosting and we will assist you with any MySQL issues you may have.
cPanel is easy to work with when you have the right host to support you. If you need a reliable partner to help you manage your website with cPanel, check out our cPanel hosting services!