How to upload/restore larger courses in Moodle?
Sometimes it may not be possible to upload/restore a larger course in your Moodle directly through the admin area.
To avoid this issue, you should try uploading your course using your favorite FTP client.
Basically, the steps you should follow are:
- Establish an FTP connection.
- Navigate to the corresponding course folder (e.g. /home/user/uploaddata/2 - each folder number corresponds to a certain course).
- Upload the course backup archive in that folder using your favorite FTP client.
- Log in to Moodle as administrator.
- Go to the corresponding course.
- Go to "Restore"
- Navigate to the desired file and click "Restore".
You need help with an application? SiteGround is specialized in hosting and supporting more than 200 scripts. Sign up for our web hosting services and let us help you with your application, 24/7!