How to reset my phpBB admin password?
Firstly, you need to find which is the database used by your phpBB.
The database details are listed in the config.php file, located in the installation directory of that application. Open the file using File Manager in cPanel and navigate to $dbname where you will see the database, for example:
$dbname = 'user_phpbdb';
Now you can change the phpBB admin password using phpMyAdmin:
- Access your cPanel and go to phpMyAdmin.
- Select the phpBB database on the left side.
- Click on the users table (e.g. phpbbhs_users).
- Click Browse and find the username you wish to edit (e.g. admin).
- Click on the Edit button.
- Type your new password under the user_password row.
- Click the Function drop down menu and select MD5.
- Save the changes by clicking on the GO button on the bottom of the page.
Access your phpBB admin page and test your admin user and password.
You need help with an application? SiteGround is specialized in hosting and supporting more than 200 scripts. Sign up for our web hosting services and let us help you with your application, 24/7!