How to reset my Joomla administrator password?
There are several ways to change the password of your Joomla users:
- Access your phpMyAdmin in cPanel and select the Joomla database from the drop-down menu at the left side.
- Select the users table (e.g. jos_users).
- Click Browse and select Edit (the small pen icon) on the user.
- Under the "password" field, you will see encrypted letters. Delete these letters, and type your new password.
- Select MD5 in the Function dropdown list on the left side of the password field.
- Save your new password and access your Joomla administrator backend.
Using Joomla! Toolkit in cPanel
If you are a SiteGround customer you can also change your Joomla administrator password using the Joomla! Toolkit in cPanel.
Joomla is a powerful software that is easy to work with once you have the right host to support you. Before you lose any more time with the wrong host, check out the SiteGround Joomla hosting offer.