How to enable RSS in Joomla 1.0.x?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication - a web feed format for publishing frequent updates of site content such as news, blog posts, etc.
Publishers benefit from RSS feeds because this lets them syndicate their site content automatically. Readers benefit from web feeds by getting timely updates when something new is posted on their favorite websites.
Joomla 1.0.x gives you the option to easily add RSS feeds to your website. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Step 1. Log in to your Joomla admin area and go to Components > News feeds.
- Step 2. Click Manage Categories.
- Step 3. Click New.
- Step 4. Fill in the category details - title, name, access level.
- Step 5. Click Save.
- Step 6. Go to Components > News feeds > Manage News Feeds and click New.
- Step 7. Fill in the name of the news feed, select the newly-created category from the drop-down menu and type the RSS feed link.
- Step 8. Click Save and your RSS feed will be published.
For the feeds to be displayed on your website, the News Feeds component should be published.
Joomla is a powerful software that is easy to work with once you have the right host to support you. Before you lose any more time with the wrong host, check out the SiteGround Joomla hosting offer.