How to add/remove/manage users in WordPress?
You can manage your blog’s users from the WordPress admin area -> Users section.
To add a new user, click the Add New button and fill in the username, first and last name, email and password. Choose a role from the Role drop-down menu and click Add User to complete the user registration. The following are the roles in WordPress:
- Super administrator - person who has access to the blog network administration features controlling the entire network (available for WordPress MultiSite);
- Administrator - person with access to all the administration features;
- Subscriber - person who can only manage his/her profile;
- Editor - person who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users' posts, etc.;
- Author - person who can publish and manage his/her own posts;
- Contributor - person who can write and manage his/her posts but not publish them.
You can manage existing users from the same section as well. When you hover on top of already existing user an "Edit" link will appear which will allow you to edit its details and change the user's role.
You can delete one or more WordPress users by selecting them and choose Delete from the Bulk actions drop down menu. Also there is a drop down menu called "Change role to..." which you can use to change the roles of multiple users.
You find this article useful? Click here to learn more about SiteGround web hosting experts and what else we can do for you!