How to add Joomla Security Announcements to the backend of my Joomla?
As part of providing the latest Joomla security information to the community, the Joomla Security Team has launched and supports an RSS feed.
You can add that feed to the administrative area of your Joomla by following these instructions:
- Login to your Joomla site’s Administration area
- From the menu, select Extensions -> Modules
- From within the Modules, change Site to Administrator
- From the Icon Menu (top left), select New
- From the choices available, select Feeds Display
- At the Feed Module configuration page, enter the appropriate details (Title (EG: Security Announcements) and Feed as a minimum)
- Enter http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityNews in the Feed URL
- Select cpanel as the position
- Select Save from the Icon Menu (top right)
- Go back to your Admin Site main page (Site -> Control Panel) and you should see your newly built Security Feed.
Joomla is a powerful software that is easy to work with once you have the right host to support you. Before you lose any more time with the wrong host, check out the SiteGround Joomla hosting offer.