How to remove time stamps from Joomla SEF URLs
Due to an incorrect alias or a non-English character in your category names, Joomla may replace the category name with a time stamp like 2013-01-08-03-45-44.
The problem can be solved by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Change the menu item type for the menu item from "External URL" to "Text separator"
- Step 2: After step 1, an "Alias" field will appear under the "Menu title" field which will contain the time stamp
- Step 3: Edit the alias field and change the time stamp to what you want to replace the time stamp with
- Step 4: Save the menu item
- Step 5: Change the menu item type back to "External URL"
Joomla is a powerful software that is easy to work with once you have the right host to support you. Before you lose any more time with the wrong host, check out the SiteGround Joomla hosting offer.