Google SMTP Server – How to Send Emails for Free
Google's Gmail SMTP server is a free SMTP service which anyone who has a Gmail account can use to send emails. You can use it with personal emails, or even with your website if you are sending emails for things such as contact forms, newsletter blasts, or notifications.
To use Gmail's SMTP server, you will need the following settings for your outgoing emails:
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Use Authentication: Yes
- Use Secure Connection: Yes (TLS or SSL depending on your mail client/website SMTP plugin)
- Username: your Gmail account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: your Gmail password
- Port: 465 (SSL required) or 587 (TLS required)
Setting up your email is easy when you have the right host by your side. If you need a reliable partner to help you resolve email issues and provide expert support, check out our email hosting services.