My ISP has provided me with dynamic IP addresses, how to guarantee SSH/WHM access to my dedicated server?
By default SiteGround's firewall rules allow WHM/SSH access to dedicated servers for just a set number of IP addresses.
In case your ISP provides you with a dynamic, changingIP address we can add a rule to your server's firewall that will allow access to your server from the entire network of your ISP.
Since the exact rule that has to be added depends on your particular case, it would be the best if you post a ticket in our Help Desk and provide us with the IP address your provider has supplied you with.
To post a ticket follow the steps below:
- Log into your User Area and go to the Support tab.
- Click 'here' under REQUEST ASSISTANCE FROM OUR TEAM at the bottom of the page.
- Select the 'Report Other Technical Issues' category.
- Choose your account and describe your request.
- When asked which support channel to use, select the option to post a ticket.
You need help managing your dedicated server? We got it! SiteGround experts not only write helpful articles, but also manage the servers for our clients so they don’t have to read articles like this one. Learn more.