DNS Records (NS, A, MX, CNAME, SPF) Explained!
Your domain name has a DNS zone which consists of the following records:
- NS - specifies which are the DNS servers for your domain;
- A - specifies IP addresses corresponding to your domain and its subdomains;
- MX - specifies where the emails for your domain should be delivered;
- CNAME - specifies redirects from your domain's subdomains to other domains / subdomains;
- SPF - Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an attempt to control forged e-mail.
SiteGround's servers are fully compatible with all ICANN requirements and set the DNS records in accordance.
If you have any DNS questions/problems, ask your host for assistance. SiteGround has long experience in dealing with various DNS issues. If you sign up for a hosting account with us, you will have no DNS problems whatsoever.