VirtueMart comes with several pre-installed Payment Modules.
PayPal integration is made using a Webform that transfers the customer to the PayPal site. This payment method allows automatic Order Status Updates. There's a file in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/ which is called notify.php. You will need to enter the appropriate URL (web address) for the script file in PayPal control panel. When a customer finishes the Payment, the PayPal server connects to this script on your server. When the transaction AND the payment have been successful, the order status is automatically updated to the status you have set in the PayPal configuration form.
Worldpay integration is made using a Webform that transfers the customer to the Worldpay site. Allows automatic Order Status Updates. There's a file in/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/ which is called worldpay_notify.php. You will need to enter the appropriate URL (web address) for the script file in WorldPay control panel. You can edit the file from your cPanel -> File Manager. By navigating to the directory and clicking on the file name a small box appears on the top-right of the page. When you click on Edit File Contents you should be able to enter the requested url. When a customer finishes the Payment, Worldpay connects to this script on your server and when the transaction AND the payment have been successful, updates the order status.
This payment module acts very similar to the PayPal Payment Module: It transfers the customer to www.2Checkout.com where all payment details can be entered. After that the customer is directed back to your site. But before you must make the following steps:
- Fill in your details for 2Checkout in your Shop, Store -> Payment List -> 2Checkout. For the field Secret word just choose a secret word (without spaces!! max. 16 characters), fill it in and keep it in mind.
- Login to your 2Checkout account at www.2checkout.com.
- Go to the section called "Look and Feel".
- Fill in "https://YOUR_JOOMLA_URL/2checkout_notify.php" into the fields Approved URL and Pending URL
- Fill in the secret word from Step 1 into the Field Secret Word.
- Move the file YOUR_JOOMLA_PATH/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/2checkout_notify.php to
When those steps have been completed, you can use 2Checkout with automatic Order Status updates on your site.
SiteGround provides the best VirtueMart hosting and we will assist you with any questions you may have about this Joomla component.
You find this article useful? Click here to learn more about SiteGround web hosting experts and what else we can do for you!