How to create new accounts on my Dedicated server?
To create a new account on your Dedicated server you will need to login to WHM.
Next, select the Create a New Account link from the left menu. On the next page you will have to enter the necessary information for the account.
Fill in the fields as follows:
- Domain - enter the domain name that will be set as primary for the new account;
- Username - enter the username of the account. Note that it should be 8 characters long;
- Password - enter the password for the account;
- Email - enter the administrative e-mail address that will be associated with this account;
- Choose a Package - select standard from the drop-down menu;
- cPanel Theme - choose X3 from the drop-down menu to use the latest cPanel theme;
- Language - the language that will be used for the cPanel interface;
You can leave the other fields/checks to their default values. Finally, click the Create button to complete the creation of the account.
More information on WHM can be found in our tutorial here.
You need help managing your dedicated server? We got it! SiteGround experts not only write helpful articles, but also manage the servers for our clients so they don’t have to read articles like this one. Learn more.