How to place a banner in vBulletin for unregistered users
If your forum is ranked well among search engines it is a good idea to make profit of that without causing inconvenience to the regular user. Thus it is a good idea to place a banner only for unregistered or awaiting verification users.
In vBulletin this can be done easily following these steps:
1. Log in your vBulletin admin area (e.g. http://yourdomainname.com/forum/admincp).
2. Go to Styles & Templates from the left menu. There choose Style Manager.
3. Click on << >> to collapse all options.
4. Then choose where you'd like your banner to be placed. In our case it will be the header so we double-click 'header'.
5. Then scroll to the bottom and add the following code:
<if condition="in_array($bbuserinfo['usergroupid'], array(1, 3))">
Your banner code goes here in HTML
The above code means that if the user has groupid 1 or 3 the following code should be executed. By default 1 and 3 user group IDs belong to unregistered and awaiting-approval users.
You need help with an application? SiteGround is specialized in hosting and supporting more than 200 scripts. Sign up for our web hosting services and let us help you with your application, 24/7!