How to enable RSS in Drupal?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication - a web feed format for publishing frequent updates of site content such as news, blog posts, etc.
Publishers benefit from RSS feeds because this lets them syndicate their site content automatically. Readers benefit from web feeds by getting timely updates when something new is posted on their favorite websites.
Drupal comes with a built-in RSS module called Aggregator. To configure your RSS feeds, follow the steps below:
- Step 1. Log in as administrator and go to Administer > Site Building > Modules.
- Step 2. Check the Enabled box for the Aggregator module and click Save Configuration.
- Step 3. Go to Administer > Content management > Feed aggregator.
- Step 4. Click Add feed and type the feed's title and URL.
- Step 5. Click Save to publish your new RSS feed.
- Step 6. Run the Drupal cron in order to update your feed.
For the feeds to be regularly updated, your Drupal cron should be properly configured and executed regularly.
You find this article useful? Click here to learn more about SiteGround web hosting experts and what else we can do for you!