How to install and configure FileZilla on Mac OS?
FileZilla is a free FTP client which is available for most of the popular operating systems including MAC OS. In order to use this FTP client on your MAC you should follow these steps:
- 1. Download FileZilla to your local computer
- 2. Install the client
- 3. Specify your FTP login details
- 4. Connect to your FTP account on the server
1) The installation package of FileZilla can be obtained from the official website of the application.
When you open the above URL, click the file designated for the processor in your computer (newer Macs use an Intel processor).
2) In case the installation does not start automatically, locate the FileZilla_[version number]_tar.bz2 file on your computer and double-click on it. Following the installation instructions, you will be asked to agree to FileZilla's general public license, then choose options and a location for your FileZilla files. When you have completed the last step, click the "Install" button to install FileZilla on your computer. When installation is complete, click the "Close" button.
3) The login details which you should use for connecting to your main FTP account are the following:
FTP server name: enter your domain name here or the name of the hosting server where your account resides (e.g. siteground200.com)
FTP username: your cPanel username
FTP password: your cPanel password
4) When you're finished entering your settings, connect to your account by clicking the "Quickconnect" button in your FileZilla toolbar. When you connect successfully, you'll see a note in the status area at the top of your screen indicating that you are connected. The files and folders on your own computer will appear in the "Local Site" pane on the left side of your screen. Your Web Hosting account files and folders will appear in the "Remote Site" pane on the right. You can now transfer files and folders between your local computer and your hosting account by dragging them from the left pane to the right.