How is a website transferred?
SiteGround website transfers include:
- Transferring the database(s) of the application.
- Transferring all of the website files.
- Configuring the client's main website to work with the newly transferred files and database(s). This includes adjusting all necessary file paths and databases information.
You can order the transfer from your User Area -> Support -> Request Assistance From Our Team -> Transfer Website.
Note: The website transfer does not include:
- Transferring the domain name. This is another service which can be ordered from your User Area -> Add Services -> Domain Transfer.
- Configuring more than one web application. By default SiteGround will transfer and re-configure your main web application found in the webroot. In case you'd like to have a different one re-configured, you will have to state it explicitly in the website transfer ticket.
You find this article useful? Click here to learn more about SiteGround web hosting experts and what else we can do for you!