Geographically Distributed Backups for Enhanced Data Protection
We are excited to announce that as of this month we have deployed a system for geographically distributed backups, which minimizes the risk of data loss and аllows for fast data recovery even in case of a serious incident that may affect a whole data center.
Backups are stored in a different physical datacenter from the one hosting the live account
As of this month we started backing up accounts in a datacenter different from the one hosting the live account as follows:
- Iowa, US servers are backed up on machines in Virginia, US
- Virginia, US servers are backed up on machines in Ohio, US
- California, US servers are backed up on machines in Oregon, US
- Texas, US servers are backed up on machines in Southern Carolina, US
- London, UK servers are backed up in Eemshaven, NL
- Frankfurt, DE servers are backed up in Eemshaven, NL
- Madrid, ES servers are backed up in Eemshaven, NL
- Eemshaven, NL servers are backed up in Frankfurt, DE
- Sydney, AU servers are backed up in Singapore, SG
This service is not available for accounts hosted in Singapore for now. These accounts are backed up on different servers within the Singapore facility.
Enhanced data protection
Data storage and safety is a key component of our service and there are multiple risk factors and threats that we keep in mind when coming up with data security solutions. The most common ones are human errors, hardware failure, and hacks. For those occasions, we rely on our daily backups stored on different servers independently from the live account. But then, there are the less likely, yet more damaging risks such as fire, power outage, or a natural disaster that may shut down a whole data center facility. Hosting the backups in a different location means we improve the chances for saving your data and putting it back online even in case of such a serious incident.