WordPress Spelling Checker Plugin
What is WordPress Spelling Checker?
The Spelling Checker plugin for WordPress provides a built-in facility for spelling checks on posts from within the administration pages as well as spelling checks on comments via simple calls added to your templates. It requires no changes to the WordPress code, you merely drop it into the plugins folder and enable it in the interface.
How to install WordPress Spelling Checker:
First of all you will need to download plugin. The plugin file can be downloaded from here. As soon as you have the file you should extract (unzip) it on your local computer.
To install a plugin you generally just need to upload the plugin file into your wp-content/plugins directory. Once a plugin is uploaded, you may activate it from your WordPress admin area.
Spelling Checker Plugin upload process:
- Copy the "spell-plugin.php" file into your "wp-content/plugins" directory. If you are not sure how to do this, we kindly recommend you to refer to our FTP tutorial where you will find step by step instructions how to upload a file from your local drive to your web hosting account.
- Create a new directory in your "wp-content" directory called "spell-plugin". Make sure that the permissions of this directory are 755. To find out how to do this, please, take a look at the FTP -> Change permissions tutorial.
- Copy the remaining files (except for the "spell-plugin.php" file, which we have already set in the "wp-content/plugins" directory) into this new "spell-plugin" directory.
Spelling Checker Plugin activation:
- When the plugin is uploaded under your plugins directory you should access your administrative area of your WordPress at: http://yourdomainname.com/wp-admin.php. Being there please, click on the Plugins section from the top menu.
- Click on the "Activate" button on the left. This will activate the plugin that you have already uploaded.
Once activated, you MUST VISIT the plugin options page at least once to enable the functionality. The plugin will NOT function and no "Check Spelling" button will appear, before that. Simply visit this page:
How to use WordPress Spelling Checker?
Well done! You have successfully installed the Spelling checker plugin for WP! You can find more Wordpress plugins here.