How to Manage Joomla 3 Extensions
Joomla 3.x provides you with an easy tool to install, remove and manage your extensions - components, plugins and modules. First, click on the Extensions -> Extension Manager link in order to access the Extension Manager page.
On this page you will find several subsections that are designed to perform different tasks.
- Install - in this tab you can add new extensions to your website including templates, components, plugins and modules. Simply select the file on your local computer and hit Upload & Install. Joomla will take care of the rest.
- Update - here you can find information about all updates available for your Joomla applications. Note that if the extensions you use utilise the Joomla standard for automatic extensions update, their new versions will be shown on this page too.
- Manage - this section handles all of the extensions that you already have installed. Here you can enable, disable, or uninstall them.
- Discover - this section is created because some extensions are too big to be installed through the standard interface and need to be uploaded via FTP to a folder of your account. From the Discover sections you can install such manually uploaded extensions into your application.
- Database - a simple page designed to check whether your database is working properly
- Warnings - on this page you will see any PHP or other warnings that Joomla has detected
- Languages - if you want your application to work in a different language than the default one, you can add additional language packs to your site and enable them.