No.1 CMS Host!
Sign up now
- CMS-optimized servers
- FREE CMS installation
- FREE CMS templates
- Free Domain name
- Unlimited space
- Unlimited traffic
- Immediate activation
This is the list with the most popular features for the ATutor users:
- Security: The passwords are encrypted and the forgotten ones must be reset.
- My Courses : Tutors and students are allowed to manage the courses they teach and/or are enrolled in.
- Inbox/Messaging : The system supports messaging between the users. They can send and receive private messages.
- Student Profile : Students can enter personal information like a name and a photo which will be displayed in their forum posts.
- Work Groups: The implemented collaboration solutions allow the users to work together on a defined problem.
- File Storage: All users can store and share their files through the system. A version control functionality is included.
- Group Blog: Each group can manage their own blog.
- Communication Tools: ATutor offers different communication solutions like a private mail, discussion forums, chat rooms and a "User's Online" tool.
- Test Manager: Students can make tests, check and store the scores.
- Links Database: Web-based information can be added as links in the ATutor database.
- Course Search: The courses content can be searched with the corresponding tool.
- Instructor ATutor Handbook: A link to the ATutor Instructor documentation is provided in every section.
- Guest Access to Courses: Guests can access private courses using a link, provided by an instructor. The course can be viewed, but it can not be modified by guests.
- Course Tool Preferences: Instructors can pick only the necessarily tools for defined courses.
- Content Usage: Individual statistics are provided in order to identify issues with the content coverage and the learning progress of each person.
- Work Groups Manager: Different work groups can be created and managed by the instructors.
- File Storage: File Storage functionality allows files to be uploaded, stored and shared with different groups of users.
- Content Editor: HTML content can be created and published in the courses.
- Reading List: A Reading List with external resources like books can be included by the instructors.
- Backup Manager: The courses can be stored through the backup functionality.
- News & Announcements: Instructors can post news and announcements to inform the students for the courses content and modifications. An RSS feed can be started.
- Polls: Polls can be used to gather students' opinions.
- Forums: Multiple forums can be set for each of the courses.
- Course Email: Bulk e-mails can be sent to different users.
- Privileges: Tutors can promote students allowing access to different instructors tools.
- Addon Modules: FAQ, Google Search, RSS Feeds, EWiki, ACollab, ATalker Text-to-Speech and SCORM Packages modules are included in the quick installer functionality.
- Module Manager: Administrators can install, enable and disable modules. Some of them are included in the script's installation package. The others can be integrated additionally.
- Patcher Module: Administrators can easily install different patches and security updates released by the ATutor developers.
- Administrator ATutor Handbook: A link to the ATutor Administrator documentation is provided in every section.
- Administrator Privileges: Specific privileges can be set for each administrator.
- Pretty URLs: Pretty URLs can be enabled. This will ease the search engines in the indexing of the public ATutor courses.
- Themes Manager: Themes can be modified and customized.
- Automated Installer and Upgrade: An easy solution for the ATutor upgrade.
- General Statistics: Shows system usage statistics.
- Secure Course Content: Prevents unauthorized access to courses.
- User Manager: Modification and management of users' profiles.
- Enrollment Manager: Enrol students to courses.
- Course Manager: Manage courses, assign instructors.
- Backup Manager: Generate backups and download backups of courses.
- Course Categories: Set courses in corresponding categories.
- Language Manager: Import and manage language packs.
- Instructions for developers on how to write ATutor core features and how to use the corresponding API are included.
The full list with aTutor features can be found at:
(c) Copyright 2004-2013 SiteGround. All rights reserved
SiteGround is not affiliated with or endorsed by the ATutor Project or its trademark owners.