CGI-friendly hosting services - Free pre-installed CGI scripts
What is CGI?
Common Gateway Interface (CGI) is an important Web technology that allows a client browser to request data from an application, which is executed on a remote web server. CGI specifies a standard for forwarding data between the client and the application.
Usually developers use Perl language to design CGI scripts. Still, CGI is created with the intension to be language-neutral - the web server does not need to know anything about the used language. In fact, CGI applications can be based on any scripting language as long as the web server supports it. Besides Perl, you can use Unix shell scripts, Python, Ruby, PHP, Tcl and C/C++ for creating CGI scripts. Find more details about CGI here
With your SiteGround hosting account you can use the following Pre-installed CGI scripts:
- Bulletin Board
- CGI Wrapper (for non-suexec installs)
- Random HTML generator
- Advanced Guestbook
- Counter Generator
- Java Clock Generator
- Java Countdown Generator
- Secure FormMail clone
- Entropy Search
- Entropy Banner
- and more..
You can also install your own CGI scripts.
SiteGround CGI Hosting Account includes:
- Powerful servers, specially administered to ensure greater security for CGI sites;
- 24/7 Technical Experts ready to assist you;
- With SiteGround hosting you are able to use many PHP-based software, such as CMS, Forums, Blogs, etc.
- You are now able to use PHP 5.0, 5.1, 5.2!
- More features: FREE domain, unlimited space, unlimited traffic, MySQL/Postgres, PHP, FTP and more;
- Low Price: $3.95/mo only
It is easy to use CGI, when your website is hosted on the fast and secure servers of SiteGround!