jShareEasy is a Joomla module that allows your visitors to share your articles on Social Networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Delicious and Google. With this module your visitors will be able to share your content with a single click and thus increase the popularity of your site.
jShareEasy is highly customizable. You can easily choose where to place it, which social networks to be included into it and even customize the used social media icons if you want. Thus you can fit the jShareEasy module in every template you would like to use with your Joomla application.
On this page you will find detailed information about:
The SiteGround jShareEasy module can be installed in the same way as every standard Joomla extension.
First, the extension package should be downloaded on your local computer. In order to do this press the Download button above and follow the instructions.
If you are installing the extension to a Joomla 1.5 site go to Extensions -> Install/Uninstall page. If you are using the Joomla 2.5 (or the older 1.7/1.6) version click on the Extensions -> Extension Manager menu.
In this page, click on the Browse button and locate the extension package on your local hard drive. Then click the Upload File & Install Button". The plugin will be installed and added to your Joomla application.
Last, go Extensions -> Module Manager page. On it locate the jShareEasy module and click on "enable" icon next to it. This will activate the module.
For more information on how to install the extension check our Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5 tutorials depending on the version you are using.
Advanced jShareEasy configuration
In order to open the configuration page for jShareEasy go to the Module Manager and click on the jShareEasy module in the table. Following this link will take you to a page where you can configure different aspects of the module behavior.
On the configuration page there are several settings that you can adjust to make the module fit your needs.
- Visual Preferences
- Module Class Suffix - a suffix to be applied to the CSS class of the module. This will allow an individual module styling.
- Center Images - Allows you to wrap the images in a center tag.
- Network Sites
- Enable Facebook? - Defines whether the Facebook icon should be displayed
- Enable Twitter? - Defines whether the Twitter icon should be displayed
- Enable Google Bookmarks? - Defines whether the Google Bookmarks icon should be displayed
- Enable Delicious? - Defines whether the Delicious icon should be displayed
- Enable Digg? - Defines whether the Digg icon should be displayed
- Site Icons URLs
- Facebook Icon - URL to the Facebook image file.
- Twitter Icon - URL to the Twitter image file.
- Digg Icon - URL to the Digg image file.
- Delicious Icon - URL to the Delicious image file.
- Google Icon - URL to the Google image file.